Thursday, October 2, 2008

New Goofy Short

When my brothers and I were kids, we would often rent videos to watch Sunday nights. This is long before the days when you could buy a beloved film for $9.99. You didn't own videos. That being the case, we rented a handful of favorites over and over and over again.

One of our go-to vids was a collection of vintage Disney shorts entitled Sport Goofy. All the Goofy shorts where the lovable doofus botched up any number of sports. Football, baseball, basketball, tennis, skiing and so forth.

I still love those Disney shorts.

You can imagine how excited I was when I read that Disney was actually not pandering to the dumb "tweens" and trumpeting a comeback of the hand-drawn short.

The first of which is a Goofy misadventure called Goofy in How to Hook Up Your Home Theater.

No comments: