Sunday, September 21, 2008

YouTube Gems Volume #6

Five video selections that caught my eye this week.


In 1973, the National Lampoon comedy troupe had the "Lemmings Roadshow." You'll see John Belushi and Chevy Chase. And a very young Christopher Guest on the cusp of comedy genius. Chris does one of the greatest musical impersonations I have ever seen. That of James Taylor and a song called "Highway Toes." He also did an amazing Dylan impersonation at the same show. Chris Guest is one of the funniest men of my lifetime.


Think you know what a leopard will do with a baby baboon? Think again.


Cab Calloway is one of my favorite performers of all time. The man was a genius. Here he does his signature tune "Minnie the Moocher."


Harry Houdini performs a rope escape in the early 1920's.


Tom Waits. 1977. "Tom Traubert's Blues."

You'll come a' waltzing Matilda with me,

JCW

No comments: