Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Good Reverend Wright


Because I thought it was funny and I wanted the column, I was ordained a minister by an online church. Seriously. All I did was fill out the form and wait for the certificate to arrive in the mail.

Not that I will, but legally I could marry you right now.

My phony advertisement for becoming a professional clergyman can be read here.

Remember, this is satire...

Though I may share some of my favorite Psalms from Proverbs if so inspired.

Bless you,

The Reverend Johnny Wright

2 comments:

Dave Riddle said...

I'm not sure if that is legal without a Cadilac.
But since you live in NY, I guess I'll cut you a break.
Long Live Reverend Wright!
Your authority is above that of the kings of the earth.
Oh wait, that's something else. Nevermind...
You have joined the ranks of many of the great ones: Jesse Jackson,Al Sharpton, Jim Bakker, and Jimmy Swaggart.
Good luck in your priestcraft.

The Pyper Fam said...

Johnny Wright! I never thought I'd hear of you again! :) Its Taraka! Like from Ricks 500 years ago! I found you blogstalking (through Jeanette and some of her old roomies, anyway...)It was good to read your blog and I even read some of your articles that you have links to. It looks like you are having a great time in NY. I wish I would have known that you live there, was I was just there a few months ago. Anyway... just wanted to say hi! You still crack me up after all these years! :) It was good finding you in the blogosphere! :)