Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bidding Adieu to the Two Party System



“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”
Benjamin Franklin



Every Presidential election is important in this country. However, some are more important than others. Similar to how every Beatles record is important, but Rubber Soul matters more than Beatles For Sale.

This fall we will be involved in a vastly significant election. One that will help shape our future.

That is one of the main reasons I have made some changes in my personal political ideology.

Recently, I have told America’s two major political parties to get lost and “don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.”

I am now a registered Independent.


To read the rest of the column and my take on the broken two party system, please click here.

Cheers,

JW

No comments: