Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ukulele Wizard Gus Shows His YesButNoButYes Devotion

Reposted from YesButNoButYes...


I can't tell how happy this has made me this morning.

A short time ago, we brought you videos of cat's pajamas Scottish ukulele player Gus. I'm a big fan. He and I not only share Scottish heritage (Campbell's: Ne Obliviscaris! Forget Not!) but we have an affinity for very similar music. Gus and I exchanged a few emails where we discussed mutual love of punk rock, the blues, Danelectro guitars and Johnny Kidd and the Pirates.

Gus shot me an email this morning saying the latest video was up. His sweet version of The Ramones I Can't Give You Anything. Take a look at his attire. Gus is an honorary member of The Loyal 77.



That's what I'm talking about. Cheers Gus. Keep on rockin' in the free world.

(See the original Ramones version here.)

No comments: